This lemon and herb marinated easy keto baked cod is perfect for a Spring dinner. This easy keto sheet pan dinner is both budget and kid friendly AND its ready in under 20 minutes!
Click here to sign up for my email newsletter and be the first to know about new keto recipes!
Sunshine and lemons just scream Springtime, don’t you think? As soon as it gets warm enough to dine al fresco, I immediately want light and refreshing meals.
Keto sheet pan dinner are always a home run too. Only 1 dish to wash and I can play in the backyard with the kids while it cooks? Yes, please!
This keto sheet pan dinner is fabulous on those warm summer nights that you want a nice family meal without all the fuss. Plus, this easy [keto] baked cod is dairy free, kid friendly, and won’t bust the budget!
Next time life gives you lemon, slice them up and make this keto baked cod!
Pucker Up, You’re Going To Love This Easy Keto Baked Cod
And here’s why:
- Light and refreshing flavors
- Great way to use in season vegetables
- Make your whole meal in one dish
- Takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, start to finish
- Fuss free keto sheet pan meal
- Dairy free, paleo, and Whole30
- Kid friendly
- Budget conscious
Make This Easy Keto Sheet Pan Dinner At Home
If making fish at home makes you feel seasick, fear not, this easy keto baked cod recipe is foolproof!
Plus, cod is a light white fish that is perfect for all palates. If you’re wanting to introduce young eaters to fish, cod is a great place to start.
To make this easy keto baked cod, all you’ll need is a small food processor (to mix your marinade), a ziplock bag (to marinate your fish and veggies) and a sheet pan (to cook your meal).
Toss everything onto your sheet pan and let the oven do all the work. Shoot, you can even line it with tinfoil for super easy clean up!
Serving Suggestions For Your Easy Keto Baked Cod
Asparagus is a great accompaniment to your cod. It can bake on the sheet pan alongside your fish.
Of course, if you don’t like asparagus, try broccoli or cauliflower instead. Zucchini or squash would be delicious as well.
You could also round out your meal with some of my lemon butter mashed cauliflower or simple dressed greens (olive oil, lemon juice or red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper).
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cod: if you don’t have access to cod, or prefer a different fish, this recipe and method would work with any flaky white fish. Catfish, red snapper, orange ruffy, tilapia, sea bass, or grouper would all be excellent substitutes. Avoid salmon or tuna for this recipe.
- Avocado Oil: this oil is used because it has a mild flavor that does not combat the lemon and herbs. If you need an alternative, extra virgin olive oil is the next best. Avoid coconut oil as the strong coconut flavor would overpower.
Related Recipes That You’ll Also Enjoy
- Lemon Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- Lemon Dill Marinade for Chicken or Fish
- Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Keto Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
- Creamy Keto Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pounds cod filet (or 4 4-ounce filets)
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper (or course ground pepper)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to broil (500 degrees).
- In a blender or food processor combine the oil, basil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Puree until the garlic is minced.
- In a ziplock bag or deep baking dish, add cod and asparagus. Pour marinade on top and make sure everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Tranfser the cod and asparagus to a rimmed baking sheet with the fish lined down the middle of the tray. Arrange the asparagus on the sides.
- Add the lemon slices and pepper to the top of the fish.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes. The fish should be opaque and flake easily with a fork when done.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsely, if desired.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 359Total Fat: 22.1gCarbohydrates: 4.8gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1.8gProtein: 36.5g
The post Easy Keto Baked Cod appeared first on Keto In Pearls.