These easy low carb enchiladas with beef use a homemade keto taco seasoning and a couple of store bought ingredients for an effortless halfway homemade keto beef enchilada recipe that your whole family will love!
I don’t know about you, but the thought of taking all four of my kids out to eat at the same time is enough to put me into a tailspin! They’re well behaved kidlets but when you have a bunch of them, and they’re young, you feel like you’re living a real life game of whack-a-mole. Ha!
Why am I unloading this you ask? Because like me, a lot of you avoid restaurants like the plague (too soon?) and depend on delightful, simple, low carb recipes that you can feed your family every week.
That is why I’m gifting you this fantastic halfway homemade easy low carb enchilada recipe! These keto beef enchiladas are not only a cinch to prepare but they’re mild enough for little eaters.
Using a few store bought ingredients and my homemade keto taco seasoning, you can feel like a rockstar serving your family these easy low carb enchiladas with beef!
You’re Going To Adore These Easy Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
And this is why:
- Halfway homemade recipe comes together quickly and easily
- Mild flavors for picky eaters
- Easy preparation makes for a fun recipe to encourage the big kids to help
- Filling and hearty so you won’t be hungry an hour after eating
- Prep the morning of, or night before, and bake when you’re ready to eat
- Leftovers reheat well making it a great option for keto lunches
- Warm, cheesy, and beefy goodness
Making These Halfway Homemade Easy Low Carb Enchiladas At Home
Whether you’re trying to meal prep lunches for the week or get dinner prepared early in the day, these easy low carb enchiladas with beef are super simple to get ready! You can even get these keto beef enchiladas ready early, cover and refrigerate, and bake when you’re ready to eat so you’re not scrambling at dinner time.
Here’s what you will need to make your halfway homemade keto beef enchiladas:
- Large rectangle baking dish (9×13 or larger)
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
You’ll start by preparing your keto taco seasoning and browning your beef. Once your beef is browned, add a can of chopped green chiles and get ready to assemble!
Fill each taco shell with a couple tablespoons of the beef mixture, roll them up, and lay folded side down in the baking dish. Repeat that step 7 times until all of the beef is used.
Add a couple tablespoons of sour cream directly into the can of enchilada sauce and use your fork to mix it up. Pour that mixture over your enchiladas, making sure to coat them evenly and thoroughly.
Top with shredded Mexican cheese, cover, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove your covering and bake for another 5 minutes.
In thirty short minutes, you’ll be ready to feed your brood!
Ways To Serve Your Easy Low Carb Enchiladas with Beef
Lucky for you, Mexican food is my absolute favorite and I’ve created several low carb Mexican recipes for your pleasure . Here are some side dishes you can serve up with these easy keto enchiladas:
- Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Chipotle Lime Coleslaw (pictured)
- Keto Fresas con Crema (for dessert)
Ingredients & Substitutions For These Easy Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
- Low carb tortillas: this can be a controversial item in the keto and low carb world. The majority of them are not gluten free so if you have a gluten allergy, be mindful when making this recipe. There are several carb conscious brands of tortillas these days so they’re easy to find at most major grocery stores around the country. I like to use Mission Low Carb Tortillas (4 NC each), La Banderita Carb Counter Tortillas (5NC each), or Ole Xtreme Wellness Low Carb Tortillas (5NC each). Siete brand makes a grain free tortilla but I have not tried them yet.
- Enchilada sauce: red enchilada sauce is used in this recipe but if you prefer green enchilada sauce, feel free to swap it out.
- Homemade taco seasoning: my keto taco seasoning can be doubled or tripled and kept in a mason jar in your pantry for easy access. If you like a spicier taco seasoning, add a teaspoon of chipotle powder or a dash of cayenne pepper.
- 1 batch taco beef with homemade taco seasoning (I use 90% lean ground beef)
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 10 ounces mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease your baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare taco meat as directed in this blog post. Add the chopped green chiles to the browned beef.
- Evenly distribute the beef mixture between the tortillas. Roll the tortillas up lengthwise and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
- Add the sour cream to the enchilada sauce (in the can is fine) and mix together with a fork. Pour the sauce over evenly and thoroughly over the enchiladas.
- Top with the shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 mintues. Remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and serve.
See “ingredients and subsitutions” section for information regarding low carb tortillas.
If preparing this dish for a future time, store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. Bake covered for 30 minutes or until the enchiladas are heated through.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 299Total Fat: 18.2gCarbohydrates: 22.9gNet Carbohydrates: 7.9gFiber: 15gProtein: 23.4g
Information presented here is approximate. Please calculate nutrition information on an individual basis as macros can fluctuate depending on brands of items used. Use a fitness app or nutrition calculator to get the most accurate nutrition information.
The post Easy Low Carb Enchiladas with Beef appeared first on Keto In Pearls.