A cheesy, layered, classic keto lasagna with meat sauce and real noodles! This low carb lasagna is hearty and robust and just like a real lasagna should be. No grains, no deli meat, and no veggie noodles!
If I had to make a list of comfort foods, lasagna would definitely claim a spot on that list. It’s melty, warm, cheesy, and a little romantic. Pair it with a full bodied cabernet and crisp Caesar salad and you have a little plate of romance. Sì? Certo.
There are many ways to make a keto lasagna but this particular recipe is hands down the best! You won’t find deli meat, sliced veggie noodles, or special order pastas required. While those options are okay replacements for noodles, they’re not the best in a low carb lasagna.
This recipe uses my famous (no really, they are a hit on the internet) keto egg noodles. They are incredibly easy to make and take this dish from wow to whoa!
So, pop the cork, turn on Sinatra, and let’s make a classic keto egg noodle lasagna!
You’re Going To Sing Amorè Over This Rustic Keto Lasagna
And this is why:
- Tastes just like a REAL lasagna with noodles and all
- No grains, no deli meat, and no veggie noodles
- Easy to prepare and assemble
- Perfect for meal prepping and freezing
- Reheats fabulously
Make A Classic Low Carb Lasagna At Home
What I love most about this recipe is it is really easy. There are a few steps involved but I promise it’s worth every bite!
- bake egg noodles
- make meat sauce
- whip up cheese mixture
You’ll start by making your keto egg noodles. That recipe can be found here. Egg noodles may sound strange but they are absolutely DIVINE in this dish. The texture and taste are so reminiscent of flour noodles that you truly won’t notice a difference. No eggy taste or texture will be noticed, scouts honor!
You’ll need to double the recipe so you have enough for the entire lasagna. Don’t worry, these only take 2 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to bake so you won’t be slaving in the kitchen all day!
After that, it’s as simple as can be! The whole thing is ready to go into the oven in about 20 minutes.
How To Layer A Keto Lasagna
This low carb lasagna recipe makes a double layered lasagna. It’s the perfect amount for a weeknight or Sunday supper for family of 4 to 6 people.
You’ll want to layer your keto lasagna as follows:
- sauce + egg noodles + cheese mixture
- sauce + egg noodles + cheese mixture
- sauce + shredded cheese for topping
Because the egg noodles can be delicate to work with, it’s okay if they break when you’re removing them from the sheet pan. You can just call this a “rustic” lasagna and all will be right in the world.
After layering, cover the dish with foil, bake for 45 minutes, uncover and bake for another 15 until the cheese is melted. If you want bubbly cheese like is in the pictures, pop the lasagna under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes.
Make Your Keto Lasagna Ahead
This keto lasagna is a wonderful dish to make for your freezer stash or prep ahead for a busy week (school is right around the corner, ugh). You could easily double or triple this recipe to save for later or share with others.
How To Freeze
Freezing a keto lasagna for future meals is simple. After assembling, cover tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. This will prevent freezer burn. Keep the lasagna in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed. Baking from frozen is not advised.
How To Reheat Frozen Leftovers
If you saved some extra pieces from a prior supper you can easily reheat them (while frozen) in the oven. Just bake them covered for about half an hour at 350 degrees.
Have a question? Tried this recipe and loved it? Leave a comment down below!
More Keto Italian Recipes For You To Try
Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Peppers
The Best Homemade Keto Meatballs
Keto Instant Pot Spaghetti Casserole
Low Carb Spaghetti Bake
- Double batch of keto egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use this)
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoing
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare egg noodles, doubling the amount, as directed here. After baking, cut 6 wide noodles and set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. When most of the pink is gone, add the garlic and continue cooking until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce to the meat and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, basil, italian seasoing, salt, and pepper.
- Use a 9×13 baking dish to build the lasagna. Start by adding 1/3 of the meat sauce to the bottom of the baking dish. Add 3 noodles on top. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles with an offset spatula. Repeat that step one more time. The top layer should be meat sauce.
- Top lasagna with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer. If desired, place under broiler to get cheese browned and bubbly.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 586Total Fat: 41.2gCarbohydrates: 7.7gNet Carbohydrates: 6.7gFiber: 1gProtein: 46.1g
The post Keto Lasagna with Egg Noodles appeared first on Keto In Pearls.